Friday, June 26, 2009

a star necklance that only remains in memory...

Stars of different shapes and sizes, linked tip to tip, moving, flowing down the front of your neck. the necklace was not linked rigidly so that the stars moved and shimmered along with your movement.

About two or three years ago, I was walking around at Pacific Place with my mom after a lunch with some family friends. On the top floor of Pacific Place, where there are usually not that many people, there was a jewllery shop that was about to close down, and was therefore having a clear-out sale (I suspect that Pacfic Place was doing some space managment and had raised the rent on that floor, because now they are all replaced by some higher-end stores). It was there that I spotted the Star necklance. It was quite a beautiful necklace, but we didn't end up buying it, because for one, we weren't really looking to acquire any jewlry, and two it was not one of those necklaces you can just wear everyday...

but one day my mom came to me and asked me, remember that necklace we saw at the top floor of Pacific Place? The store is gone now, the necklace somewhere else in this world, what remains is the memory of me and mom having once found it. oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment